--- Chmouel Boudjnah <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Eugenio Diaz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > The wine package need to add the entry:
> >
> > /usr/X11R6/lib/wine
> >
> > to the file:
> >
> > /etc/ld.so.conf
> >
> > before running ldconfig in the postinstall script. Otherwise, it would
> > fail to find the libraries.
>
> actually the best fixe will be to move the ugly wine libs to a
> standard directory like /usr/X11R6/lib (CC: to dadou).

Well, that would be ugly, since the wine libs are not Linux libraries, but the
reverse engineered Win32 DLLs, so I think it would not be advisable to have
them mixed with other Linux libs.

Also I stand corrected that my first idea of adding an entry to the ld.so.conf
file is not pretty either; I think the best way to solve it is to keep the libs
were they are, and use a wrapper script to add the dir to the lib search path
before executing wine.

=====