On Thursday 01 March 2001 11:28 am, Alexander Skwar wrote:
> So sprach Ron Stodden am Thu, Mar 01, 2001 at 05:07:59PM +1100:
> > Is this to tell the public that KDE 2.1 is to become a property of
> > Mandrake 8.0 and that there will be no retrofit of KDE 2.1 to
> > Mandrake 7.2?
>
> As far as I understand Mandrakes policy, they don't do any
> retrofitting to "legacy" distributions.  All they do is put out
> security fixes for old stuff, and that's it.
>
> Alexander Skwar

     OK, as I understand it, Chris Molnar who packaged all the numerous
previous KDE updates is no longer a Mandrake employee.  None of our
business.  Thanks Chris, thanks Mandrake.

    My opinion is that we've had KDE2.1 (very close toit) since Chris'
last updates.  So what's the rush?  You can always compile your own if
it's that pressing, no?
--
Dale Earnhardt,  the greatest stock car driver ever,
 he's won his 8th and  His Greatest Championship