--- civileme <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Sunday 04 March 2001 13:04, you wrote:
> > --- civileme <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> There is no best way--you have 7.2 it depends what you put on it
>
> KDE 1.99 KDE 2.0 KDE 2.0.1 Any one of four sets from Chris Molnar?
>
> What I described wipes out what you had and allows a fresh install
>
> And if you don't want apmd, then rpm -ivh --nodeps kdeutils*rpm
> before installing the rest.
> Civileme
Thanks for the advice. Thanks for the work with the kde packages too.
You guys got them done a lot sooner than I thought possible with Beta
and all. Not all agree with that but it's my opinion. Thanks.
I know how to install and agree that clean is best, too, & rpm
--rebuild does help to pack the base a bit after so much change.

I simply wanted to know why there is a req in the pkgs to use APM. I
have not used APM for years. Now, I have to install it (to use
kdevelop) even though I am not going to use apmd. If I don't need it(
--nodeps), why is it there?

Should I ask KDE or is this mdk req?

rj