On Monday 05 March 2001 00:20, Guillaume Rousse wrote:

> Something requiring perl trigerred install of perl 5.7 from contrib,
> whereas 5.6 was already installed, but i don't know which exactly.

urpmi is not always your friend.  Here's a clear case where it seems to get
it wrong.  I started by remove zsh and zsh-doc.  Now to install them using
urpmi, perl 5.7 is requested.  However, rpm doesn't have that restriction,
and installs zsh-doc just fine with perl 5.6.

Had you used urpmi --auto-select, I think you would have forced the install
of perl 5.7 from wherever it could find it.  I don't know how many other
files are screwed up and force you to install perl 5.7.

[root@linux1 ~/cooker]# rpm -e zsh zsh-doc
[root@linux1 ~/cooker]# urpmi zsh
installing //home/cooker/Mandrake/RPMS/zsh-3.1.9-4mdk.i586.rpm
[root@linux1 ~/cooker]# urpmi zsh-doc
To satisfy dependencies, the following packages are going to be installed (20
MB):
perl-devel-5.700-1mdk perl-base-5.700-1mdk perl-5.700-1mdk zsh-doc-3.1.9-4mdk
Is it ok? (Y/n) n
[root@linux1 ~/cooker]# rpm -i zsh-doc-3.1.9-4mdk.i586.rpm
[root@linux1 ~/cooker]# rpm -q perl-base
perl-base-5.600-28mdk