When I run GLTron or FlightGear, the application take all the CPU and it
takes ages for the application to capture the keyboard as well as
redisplay even when GLTron displays the intro screen...

When I run the Mesa Toys like Mesa gears it runs ok...

I don't know if the problem is linked to Mesa or to the soundcard... I
have tried to switch off the sound but it seems it does not change
anything...

Please reply directly if you have some ideas as I'm not subscriber to
the list...

My XFree96.log does not seem to report anything bad.

Cheers...