Alexander Skwar wrote:

> So sprach Roger am Fri, Mar 09, 2001 at 04:06:59PM -0500:
> > Does somebody have a script that will compile all the SRPMS's for the
> > cooker?
> >

> > Right now, doing:
> >
> > rpm -iv *src.rpm
> > /usr/src/RPM*/SPEC/rpm -bb --clean *.spec
>
> I don't think this will work.  To really get a working system, you often
> have to install stuff, and sometimes you can't install all (eg. you cannot
> install both libxml-devel and libxml2-devel).  Further, sometimes you have
> to compile and install things in the right order (eg. glibc needs to be
> installed before anything else).
>
> Alexander Skwar
> --
> How to quote:   http://learn.to/quote (german) http://quote.6x.to (english)
> Homepage:       http://www.digitalprojects.com   |   http://www.iso-top.de
>    iso-top.de - Die guenstige Art an Linux Distributionen zu kommen
>                 Uptime: 5 days 6 hours 41 minutes

true...gcc apperantly needs to be installed first...etc.

curious if a person could simply rm -f * *i586.rpm from the
/Mandrake/RPM directory and then just "cp" their custom built *686.rpm's
(or higher arch) to that dir.  or does the mandrake install scripts call
and look for the specific naming of the "*586.rpm"'s.

if so, one could simply install from a hdd or build their own iso to
burn to cdrom...or network install from there on out.

--
-----
My pulic key (in armor format) & Homepage can be found at:

My ICQ UIN# = 21252173

(Please reply only in ascii/text format!  Remove "-nospam" in email
address as needed)