Ron,

Thanks very much for this reply!  It may be a few days until I work up
my nerve to try it again.  When I do, I may have a few questions -- I'll
be sure to let you know.

Assuming it works for me, do you have any objection to me "publishing"
it to my local LUG, to comp.windows.x.kde, and to a wiki that I'm
working on (not up yet)?

Thanks again!
Randy Kramer