I'm a bit confused here and hoping that someone from MandrakeSoft can
answer this.

It appears the -devel packages now contain the package libraries rather
than just header files? Normally after an install I go through my system
and remove all the -devel packages that I don't expect to be compiling
applications against. This frees up a *lot* of space on my drive.

But now it seems that I have to keep all those devel packages installed,
even if I don't want the header files all over my system?

Please let me know if this is true or if I'm drunk. Why would such a
decision be made? Most people don't want/need the header files
cluttering up their disks.

Thanks.

--

Steve Fox