On 16 Mar 2001 19:15:39 +1000, Con Kolivas wrote:
> Anybody getting the same problem I have since moving to 2.4.2?
> Two keys on my keyboard ` and ' keys have to be pressed twice to
> register! Anything typed after pressing the key once is dropped.
> Apparently something like this was posted on kernel traffic. It's
> happened with every kernel so far in cooker. It didn't happen when I
> was running 2.4.0

I presume you have selected a keyboard map which uses these for accents?
Try `e and see if you get an e-grave.  Fuzzy recollection, but I think
you need to choose "US Keyboard" and not "US International Keyboard"
when you setup.  Of course, it might be a different problem, but that's
what happened to me :-)

/Kevin

--
Kevin J. Maciunas              Net: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Dept. of Computer Science      Ph : +61 8 8303 5845