Please DON'T turn the default anti-alias fonts off - on some computers,
like mine, for instance, they are infinitely better than the old fonts.  The
viewers and Advanced Editor in KDE are almost unusable on my machine
with the old fonts.  The smooth scaling in Konqueror is one of the
nicest features I've seen in a browser... the list goes on.

What we MIGHT want to do is have selecting which to use be part
of the installation.  Newbee's figuring out editing config files and
box, until, like all of us, they climb their way up the learning curve.

They do have some areas that need work, but it is such a step
forward that disabling it by default doesn't make sense.

Vinny