I am reposting this since no body seem to reply to it!

The message (read below) I get is the following:

[nito@fulgore:~]$ ssh -l root localhost
root@localhost's password:
Last login: Thu Mar 15 03:41:33 2001 from localhost
[root@fulgore:~]# xmalloc: zero size
[nito@fulgore:~]$

For a while I have been experiencing problems with my gnome terms just
disappearing sporadically out of the blue. I noticed that only the ones
running ssh were the ones to die, but since I run ssh directly with from
the icon like with:

/usr/bin/gnome-terminal --geometry 80x60 --foreground white -t
"nito@kitana" -e "ssh kitana"

Not seeing anything in ".xsession-erros", I did not knew if the problem
was ssh or gnome; so I opened a normal gnome terminal, ran ssh and let
it sit for a while so I could see any errors.

Well, it turns out the fault goes to ssh. It dies with some message
about "xmalloc". I don't recall the exact error message, but will do it
again and post it later.

Eugenio Diaz, BSEE/BSCE
Linux Engineer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]