On Monday 19 March 2001  8:43, you wrote:
|   Claudio (Sekko) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
|   > OK, don't ask me if I have "write-permission" guys... I got it! But now
|   > when I open a file with gEdit I can only read it. No way to modify it!
|   > :°°(
|
|   Time to use Emacs, probably.. :-)

Or Kwrite :-)
BTW: you even don't need  a whole KDE2 to start KWrite.
I successfully using it from several minimalist Window Managers.

Besides, Kwrite is under heavy rewrite now - if you upgrade to KDE 2.1 HEAD
CVS, you can try Kant.
Kant uses Kwrite's rewritten KPart and has MDI interface, plus integrated
cnsole (Konsole, I guess :-)

Written by Programmers for Programmers (tm)

--

Vadim Plessky
http://kde2.newmail.ru  (English)