Hi

VERSION (rsync ftp.sunet.se)
/ChangeLog/1.462/Wed Mar 21 00:11:47 2001//
Linux-Mandrake Cooker-i586 20010321  6:00

Nice install with medium security.

After install and reboot my passwd as root is not accepted. Could login as
user and then change to su. Changed passwd for root which was signaled to be
OK and written. Loged out and tried to log in as root. NO way. Rebooted the
computer and tried again - the same result.

Loged in as user and tried startx - not accepted - bash: startx: command not
found.

Loged in as su on user and executed startx - fine got KDE up. The same
problem with fonts in Terminal, i.e. only the left half of large characters
was shown - but xterm fine.

Got Konqueror up and recieved the KDE org homepage - launched Kmail and tried
to recieve my mail - but Kmail was unable to give a correct passwd to server.

I think it is important to understand that as xterm is functioning it might
be the underlaying library or API that is not correctly implemented.

>From report.bug
(search error)
Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters, including
invalid IO or IRQ param* warning: insmod'ing module imm failed at
/usr/bin/perl-install/modules.pm line 513.

/bin/sh: error while loading shared libraries: libtermcap.so.2: cannot load
shared object file: No execution of glibc-2.2.2-4mdk script failed, exit
status 127

drakfont: error while loading shared libraries: libXi.so.6: cannot load
shared object file: No such

(search failed)
execution of XFree86-75dpi-fonts-4.0.3-1mdk script failed, exit status 1

execution of libmikmod2-3.1.9-5mdk script failed, exit status 1

execution of XFree86-100dpi-fonts-4.0.3-1mdk script failed, exit status 1

execution of fonts-ttf-decoratives-1.3-7mdk script failed, exit status 1

execution of fonts-ttf-west_european-1.3-7mdk script failed, exit status 1

regards
guran