Hi.

The current version of Cooker doesn't find my SCSI-CDROMs when booting
the CD-ROM created with mkcd . The harddrives which are on the same SCSI
controller got detected, but no CD-ROMs.

My configuration:

SCSI storage controller: Adaptec AHA-2940U2/W (rev 0).
SCSI storage controller: Symbios Logic Inc. (formerly NCR) 53c815 (rev
4).

My CD-ROM is on the AHA-2940, the Symbios controller is mostly unused
(only a ZIP-drive connected at the moment)

My SCSI setup:

Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 00
  Vendor: IBM      Model: DDRS-39130D      Rev: DC1B
  Type:   Direct-Access                    ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 01 Lun: 00
  Vendor: IBM      Model: DCAS-34330       Rev: S65A
  Type:   Direct-Access                    ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 02 Lun: 00
  Vendor: PLEXTOR  Model: CD-ROM PX-32TS   Rev: 1.02
  Type:   CD-ROM                           ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 04 Lun: 00
  Vendor: TEAC     Model: CD-R55S          Rev: 1.0R
  Type:   CD-ROM                           ANSI SCSI revision: 02

I did attach an IDE-CDROM last Saturday and installed Cooker. After
booting it, it detected my CD-ROMs without problems. Only the installer
cannot detect them although all modules are loaded.

Does anybody know what goes wrong and what can I do to find the source
of the problem?

Alexander

--
Linux is like a Wigwam : no Gates, no Windows but an Apache inside

My Homepage : http://www.moondream.de
KreateCD Homepage : http://www.kreatecd.de