on 3/21/01 3:21 AM, Chmouel Boudjnah mused:

> Mike & Tracy Holt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
>> Hello Cooker,
>> I was just playing with MDK 8.0 beta 2 and tried to get my window
>> manager of choice (BlackBox) to stick as default and I ended up making an
>> .xinitrc file that reads:
>>
>> #! /bin/sh
>> /etc/X11/gdm/Sessions/BlackBox
>>

>> Is there another simpler way to do this that I'm missing?
>
> /bin/sh -c `chksession -x=blackbox`

I executed this script from the console (which is what I assume that you
wanted me to do) and it returned an output to the screen, but when I did
'startx', I still get kde by default.  Sorry about my dense-ness, but could
you be more specific with what I should do with the previous line?

Thanks Chmouel!

Mike