On 23 Mar 2001, Frederic Lepied wrote:

> "Brian J. Murrell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > On Fri, Mar 23, 2001 at 04:23:52PM +0100, Frederic Lepied wrote:
> > > "Brian J. Murrell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > >
> > > I have reproduced the bug here. Under investigation...
> >
> > Awesome!!
> >

> Bad news. I have contacted Matrox and the G400 dual head can't work
> without libhal. Sorry.

Libhal is only used to set the modes.

The only reason that they keep it proprietary is that if you have access
to the source to libhal, you can also turn off macrovision protection for
the DVD decoder.

There is work being done to ignore the need for libhal, but I am not
certain at what point it is at.

Again the DVD copy protection scam has unintended consiquences.

Sigh.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] | Note to AOL users: for a quick shortcut to reply
Alan Olsen            | to my mail, just hit the ctrl, alt and del keys.
    "In the future, everything will have its 15 minutes of blame."