Hello guys,
after an update of qt2-2.3.0-2mdk (as a foul did it when kde was running.
So can no more login at boot.
Kernel loaded and all, but after giving the username (ex:root) and the
password; the message of the last login is displayed; after that NO MORE.
The screen stay there as is without the bash prompt.
Checked messages (no errors) , bash, init,tty, etc.... (basesystem)
rc.sysint, rc, rc.local, /etc/bashrc, /root/.bashrc,/etc/issue,
tryed with securetty off, checked rc3.d, nothing helps.
Disabling all services didn't help also.
/var/log/messages says 'logged-in as ROOT', that's all.
The very strange is that I can login as SINGLE (for maintenance)selecting
'interactive startup'.
Why can I login on rc1.d and not rc3.d ?
Setting rc3.d as rc1.d didn't help when login as rc3.d.
My system: mdk 7.2+, pentium.

Eric MC