I used DrakX to shrink a windows partition in Mandrake 7.0 and 7.0. It
created funny partition errors for me that didn't seem to do anything.
Then, when trying to install Mdk 7.2, DrakX couldn't read the partition
table, although I could boot into Windows OK. So, as the default seems
to be an extended DOS partition for all DrakX reformatting... even on an
empty disk, I now select my partition type and keep away from the DOS
extended.
I'd love to install Windows on a reiserfs but without a cd burner... I
don't want to lose my Windows system files and registry, as I did when I
was using a part of it for a /usr/local partition and couldn't upgrade
or reinstall Mandrake because of a corrupt, unreadable partition table.
Will there come a time when DrakX is stable enough to use to shrink a
FAT 32 partition and put a linux or reiser one there without risking the
partition table?

--
Anna