On Tuesday 27 March 2001 12:40, Frederic Crozat wrote:
|   > [root@localhost authenticate]# rpm -qa | grep pam pam-0.72-12mdk
|   > pam-devel-0.72-12mdk
|   > pam-doc-0.72-12mdk
|
|   Strange, pam_authenticate was in 7.2 package..
|
|   Could you upgrade to latest pam for 7.2 (pam-0.72-13.1mdk which is a
|   security update for pam) ?

ok, I recompiled it from scratch with existing pam.
binary rpms were written.

I installed everytning. When I first time launch Nautilus - I get install
wizard - Ok.
Selected medium level, passed all question (on option to connect now to Eazel
site to look for updates - selected No)
Then it tries to startup - and screen gets blank (white), and looks Nautilus
startup process gets into "startup" loop.
CPU activity gets to 100% (I have CPU monitoring applet in Gnome panel)
After few seconds It drops to zero, then again 100% (and so on during around
40-50 sec, until everything is finished - without Nautilus screen)
When I launched top on separate terminal, I see a number of Nautilus
processes - nautilus, nautilus-trilobyte, some more nautilus processes.
When activity at the end finishes, there are no Nautilus processes left.
What it can be?

Should I skip everything and upgade to latest pam 0.74?
Or activity described above is not connected to pam?

--

Vadim Plessky
http://kde2.newmail.ru  (English)