On Thursday 05 April 2001 04:38 pm, you wrote:
> michael <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > Somebody_buy_Chmouel_a_beer!!!
> >
> > mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hda9,
> >        or too many mounted file systems
> >
> > Somehow this partition got confused last night in the attempt to ugrade
> > to 243-5. Can it be fixed?
>
> heu here i'm lost, did you reboot right after the upgrade ? (i see the
> problem here only in the case you did rpm -U get continue to work
> trying to mount a filesystem that you didn't mount before the upgrade
> and the module is not here).
I had removed it from my fstab to keep those error messages from  appearing
and so after I successfully rebooted (BTW Ed's idea re:removing the old lilo
entry automatically was a good one) and then re-added it to fstab and tried
to mount it.
I'll reboot. Actually, I'll probably reinstall so I can have all reiserfs
partitions again- i don't like the fsck in ext2 every so often...

Thanks, Chmouel. I am really impressed at how straightforward the kernel
upgrade went!
--
-m-