Actually, I was refering more to the FHS release, not the LSB
standards.

FHS release 2.1 seems to be quite solid, and with the cooker
being "prerelease" by default, would be an excelent place to
begin implementation toward the standard.

FHS 2.2 is in public review, and as of yet, I don't see any
tremendous "make and break" changes between 2.1 and 2.2.

As for LSB complaince, I haven't checked up on their standards
releases, but last I checked they were way too remedial of
definitions to have anything to truely adhere to.  This may
have changed...

But instituting /opt, and /media as well as the permition
strucures mentioned in the 2.1 specs sounds like a good start.

---- On 09 Apr 2001 13:30:36, Chmouel Boudjnah
([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

> Kyle Jacobs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > I feel inclined to disagree with this.  It's time to get
ready
> > for the big changeover.  FHS and LSB standards are very
> > important for programmers AND distro makers to get a firm
grasp
> > of, and these tenative standards are an excelent example.
FHS
> > compliance is very important if technologies like universal
> > installers and universal RPM's are to become popular.
> >
> > Subsequently, Mandrake should show its support of the
upcoming
> > standards in their release to not only bolster support of
the
> > standards, but to assist in preparing programmers as well.
>
> What do you want ? We going to do a complete switch to the
current
> specification and in one week a troll come to change all the
LSB and