> what is the purpose of
> apache-source-1.3.19-2mdk.i586.rpm under RPMS/ and as
> "i586" ..?
>
> what about SRPM ..?
>
> or did I get something wrong here ..?

Just looks like you missed a few changelog entries:

> Name        : apache
> Version     : 1.3.19
> Release     : 1mdk
>
> - Re-put mod_perl into its own SRPM. We'll use the new apache-source
>   package to build the static mod_perl

and:

> Name        : apache-mod_perl              Relocations: (not relocateable)
> Version     : 1.3.19_1.25                       Vendor: MandrakeSoft
> Release     : 1mdk
>
> - Get Apache source from package apache-source so we share the same code
>   and it's easier to maintain

I guess the source code used to build the apache binaries
is being distributed so that you can build modules and such
from the exact same source base.

Don Head
SAIR LCA, CIW-P, Network+, A+

Systems Administrator      [ [EMAIL PROTECTED] ]
Web Designer                            [ 1 314 997-7847 ]
[ AIM - Don Wave ] [ ICQ - 18804935 ] [ Yahoo - Don_Wave ]