On Tue, 10 Apr 2001, Mike Perry wrote:

> Damm things still crippled!
>
> from their (Matrox) own readme.txt:
>
> This driver is based on the open source development being done within the
> XFree86 Project. The driver remains unmodified, with the exception of the
> HAL module, which is a closed source library used to enable features such as
> DualHead, TV out, and support for digital flat panel monitors.
>
> In addition (also from their readme.txt):
>
> Note: The TV out option is not supported by the G450. This feature is
> currently only supported by the G400.
>
> Not incredibly useful :-(

Due to the macrovision on/off code in that library, it will probably never
be open sourced.

But remember, it is for your own good!

> Rgds:
>
> Michael Perry.
> R&D. Dep. Netafim Magal.
> <<<<Linux -- the Ultimate Windows Service Pack>>>>
> The three most dangerous things are a programmer with a soldering iron, a
> manager who codes, and a user who gets ideas.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] | Note to AOL users: for a quick shortcut to reply
Alan Olsen            | to my mail, just hit the ctrl, alt and del keys.
    "In the future, everything will have its 15 minutes of blame."