The most recent kde upgrade is a mess. I could not
even get it to log into my user account properly. I
tried to use it after install and it completely froze
like I was running a Windows box or something. After
reboot when I tried to login I no longer had sound,
the splashscreen never ended and konqueror would not
work. I can get the root version of konqueror to work
though....

The error message I get when I try to run konqueror as
a user is....
[sczjd@si-mandrake sczjd]$ konqueror
Xlib:  extension "RENDER" missing on display ":0.0".
kdecore (KProtocolManager): ERROR: Protocol  not found
konqueror: ERROR: ERROR 3: couldn't create slave :
can't talk to klauncher

=====
SI Reasoning
[EMAIL PROTECTED]