Hi all,

Just got the lastest Cooker from the mirror site and performed a clean install.
A few things were encountered:

1.  Error generating the AutoInstall floppy using the Automatic method

tty3 reports the the following info:

 getFile images/network.img
 mounting /dev/fd0 on /floppy as type vfat
 calling mount (/dev/fd0, floppy, vfat, -1058209792, check=relaxed)
 warning: mount failed: Permission denied at /usr/bin/perl-install/fs.pm line
220

2.  Sound Card Detection

On the weekend I was a very happy camper after a clean install, reboot etc.
because KDE produced the startup music for the first time ever for my SB16 ISA
sound card.  However, tonight - no sound.

Looking at /proc/isapnp shows the kernel correctly identified my card.
However,  the DrakConf/Control Center->Hardware->Soundcards incorrectly shows a
SB32 PnP Audio Device.

I during the install i selected disable for alsa, harddrake and kudzu.

I have both arts and esound installed, what changed? anyone?

sndconfig detects the card and I can get sound but it has some kinda problem
with the midi install...

3.  Desktop ICON problems for both root and regular users

There are multiple kdelnk icons for Home, Printer, Xkill; each seems to have
different properties.

The icons for Mandrake Campus and Mandrake Expert have no graphic - just
text

The task bar at the bottom seems to be missing some icons.  maybe the
duplicates that appeared on the desk top?

Regular users have additional duplicates; floppy, CD-ROM, doc and Documentation,
News and Mandrake News, Updates and Mandrake Updates.  Also, the doc and
Documentation icons produce error message:  file:/home/<user>/URLDOC does not
exist or, file:/root/URLDOC does not exist.

4.  DrakConf/Control Center Problems

When associated selection made:
XFDrake terminates - no core file, <defunct> process (ps aux)
mousedrake terminates - no core file, <defunct> process
printerdrake terminates - no core file, <defunct> process
keyboarddrake terminates - no core file, <defunct> process
draknet terminates - no core file, <defunct> process

virtually every thing terminates and leaves a defunct process.

regards
Dave