I recently installed / re-installed the Traktopel (beta 3)
for the fifth or sixth time.  It appears that some of the apps that I
selected (using "expert") were not installed. This last time, I selected

Reiserfs instead of ext2fs as the file-system.

            Mind you, though I usually install with the "expert" option,
I consider myself a linux
"newbie", so I don't claim to know everything, something, or even *that*
much...  My impressions, therfore are based on a limited knowledge of
linux.

            It appears that Reiser is more stable than ex2fs, since I
don't have the crashes that I
had with KDE.  Eazel seems the most likely candidate to "steal" my
alleigance to KDE! <G>

            1) Gnome refuses to save the sound settings (i.e. I get no
system sounds).
In control Center --> Multimedia --> Sound, I enable both options (click
OK), but
anytime after, when I re-open the control center, these settings are
disabled. Note, though,
that the Sawfish settings for sound support are enabled, and these
settings are *kept* as
saved. (I can turn the volume up as loud as I can, get music files to
play in Eazel, but NO
system sounds!  ... WHY??)

            2) In KDE, Control Center--> LookNFeel --> Style ---> Use
Anti-Aliasing for
fonts and icons

 RESULT: windows and dialog fonts
change to: Bookman !! <*yukk*!!!>   >-P

            3) The system does NOT detect my Epson Perfection 610 USB
scanner. I *still*
have to manually edit the /sane.d/epson.conf and /etc/rc.d/rd.local
files.  My Logitech
Optical Wheel mouse is recognised as "Generic usb". instead of "Generic
WHEEL usb".

            4) I can't get Netscape (4.76) to play mp3 (audio x-mpegurl)
files even though
gabber 3.2 is installed. Following the links from
http://help.mp3.com/help/, I changed to
xmms as the helper application, still no success.

            Could these be bugs in Traktopel? ... or simply my own
inexperience, or my hardware
"misbehaving"? System: AMD k6-2/500, on an AOpen 59 Pro motherboard, 128
MB RAM,
Nvidia (32 Mb) video card...

                Elton Woo ;-)

--
         Have you been counted? See http://counter.li.org
[EMAIL PROTECTED] - ICQ#9984432 - Montreal, Quebec, CANADA.

S/MIME Cryptographic Signature