OS wrote:

> Hello,
>
> The automounter (either am-utils-6.0.5-4mdk or autofs-4.0.0-0.8mdk) messes
> things up badly. Trying to mount the CD or the floppy the mount process just
> hangs, as does mkinitrd !
>
> Owen

            I was never overly fond of "automount" with previous versions of
Mandrake,
since my floppy device is actually /dev/hdc (an internal LS-120 superdisk
drive).
Beta3 linstalls the drive as /mnt/floppy, and it can be accessed (after
installation).

 1) The installer failed to create a bootable disk  when I placed a standard
1.44 Mb floppy
in the drive, with a brief message about i/o errors, before resetting the
system.
2) From the KDE desktop (my user account) it would not show the drive's
contents,
even when I tried a different superdisk. Oddly enough, after I shutdown and
reboot the
system, I was able to access the drive.  Wierd!

                    Elton Woo ;-)

--
         Have you been counted? See http://counter.li.org
[EMAIL PROTECTED] - ICQ#9984432 - Montreal, Quebec, CANADA.

S/MIME Cryptographic Signature