I've just downloaded the latest cooker Mandrake Update Robot, and
discovered that it can only be used with permanent connections. A lot of
people still are stuck in the dial-up slow lane, so why isn't there a
way for them to use the automatic update? I'd much rather use it than
downloading packages manually. As long as someone with a dial-up makes
sure they're online at the right time, why can't it be allowed? This is
making all POTS and ISDN users second-class citizens, until permanent
broadband is common, and that's still a long way off in many countries.
--
L. A. Lawless