On Friday 13 April 2001 22:45, you wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Apr 2001, Jason Straight wrote:
> > Yeah, sure and while I'm at it I'll just write my own graphics server as
> > a replacement to X.  Why don't we all just do that, then we won't need
> > this mail list to try to find problems.
>
> This is a devel list, and if you just want others to solve problem for
> you, you should go to newbie@ or expert@ lists. You don't belong here.

Thanks - did I ask anyone to solve a question? no - I asked why the RPM's on
the mirrors were screwed up, and you came back with - so learn to do it for
yourself!

I asked a simple question, that no where said, "Can someone tell me how to
... ?"

You're probably right though, I should take my coding knowledge of assembly,
C, TCL, PHP, basic, and bash, not to mention running an ISP with linux
mandrake for the last several years and go join newbie.

This is a devel list, but more specifically it's a devel list for the next
version of Mandrake Linux, and if everyone just compiled their own source
every time they had a problem running something on cooker it sure would make
it hard for the Mandrake guys to know when there's a problem. The only reason
I even posted that was to notify other people who might not know, and out of
curiosity I wondered what might be causing it.

Ok, so we each hit a nerve with each other somehow, I may have taken your
message to read the wrong way, you may have taken my first one wrong. Anyway
- I suppose this isn't the place for a pissing match, so I'll offer my
apologies now to you and everyone on the list.

I can understand your being annoyed with asking help questions on cooker, it
annoys me to see "How do I compile a kernel?" here too, but that's not what I
meant to sound like.

--
Jason Straight