I'm trying to install vmware-2.0.3 on my smp machine.
When I try to lunch the vmware-config.pl script, this is what happens:

[root@monster src]# vmware-config.pl
Making sure VMware's services are stopped.

Stopping VMware services:
   Virtual machine monitor                                 [  OK  ]

Trying to find a suitable vmmon module for your running kernel.

None of VMware's pre-built vmmon modules is suitable for your running kernel.
Do you want this script to try to build the vmmon module for your system (you
need to have a C compiler installed on your system)? [yes]

What is the location of the directory of C header files that match your
running kernel? [/usr/src/linux/include]

The directory of kernel headers (version 2.4.3-12mdk) does not match your
running kernel (version 2.4.3-12mdksmp). Consequently, even if the compilation
of the module was successful, the module would not load into the running
kernel.

What is the location of the directory of C header files that match your
running kernel? [/usr/src/linux/include]
[root@monster src]#

It seems like he doesn't recognize the right kernel module for he see the the
running kernel is xxxx-smp while include files are mapped xxx-12mdk.
Anyone had the same problem?

        Claudio
--
Linux Mandrake (8.0rc1) System