I'm not sure if this is the correct list to be sending to, but I didn't see any
better options on the website, so if it's not then hopefully somebody can forward
it where appropriate.

The /etc/X11/wmsession.d/04Enlightenment file distributed in the Mandrake 8.0 RC1
iso MUST be changed for /usr/sbin/chksession to generate an /etc/X11/gdm/Sessions
file for it.  The proper change is to make line 3 into:
EXEC=/usr/X11R6/bin/enlightenment
from
EXEC=/usr/bin/enlightenment

The reason it's presently broken is because /usr/bin/enlightenment doesn't exist,
and chksession likes to make sure files exist and are executable before claiming
they are valid window managers (a good idea!).  I guess another solution would be
to have the enlightenment RPM put a symlink to /usr/X11R6/bin/enlightenment in
/usr/bin, but I don't like that as much as just fixing the file.

-Wes

PGP signature