I am not certain what I did, but I know I had to abort the building of
the cooker db in MandrakeUpdate and ever since then the app (from
8.0b3) has been broken.

All run attempts get a segfault or an empty database, and running
under strace, the segfault was tracked to files not found in ../base
(meaning /usr/lib/urpmi/../base ?) -- I copied the files from the CD
/Mandrake/base to /usr/lib/base but that has not improved things,
perhaps made them worse: it fails with

        open("/var/lib/urpmi/../base/hdlist.cz", O_RDONLY)

(the file is not found)

Can I rebuild/reinstall the tables needed by MandrakeUpdate/urpmi
or are these tables built incrementally during the install?

--
Gary Lawrence Murphy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  TeleDynamics Communications Inc