Hi Damien;
I am a new guy to Mandrake products. So here are 2
quick suggestions for the user interface if you would
please pass them on to the right person.

1) PHP Made Easy Request - I you have a DSL line and
your are somewhat serious, then you just gotta try
linux and serve some HTLM pages - RIGHT! Of course.
But shortly after that you just have to try a dynamic
web page. It is a natural. It is linux :)

So my request - please make a quick demo script web
page and link it to your index.html.  If the user
selects to have httpd installed then great the guy is
ready to go. There is no need to go into the apache
conf file and figure out which lines to enable.

The script demo page that would make people happy is :

"hello - I am a php script"
"hello - I am a perl script"
"hello - I am a c script"

Probably would take you guys less than an hour. But it
would save many hours of deep reading and stress for
newbies (and for us guys to do not do edit the apache
config file often). You know which version of each
libraries you put into the distribution package so
just edit the apache config with the correct
selections. Thank you.

2) Heavy Install Request - During the package
selection during install it would be nice to have a
one button option for "heavy install - we do mean
everything!"  All fonts, every app, dev package,
manuals, languages, everything. Basically, as one of
the guys in silicon valley I can pick up a 60 Gigabyte
hard drive for US$160 from pricewatch.com. With drive
space so cheap why not install everything? I get
emails around the world in different fonts, I work
with Chinese, Mexicans, Thai, Italians, etc. If there
is a man page in Spanish, Thai ... they will read it.
... Much easier to put everything in at one time.

Just check the machines' hard drive. If it is linux
native and its' got more then 15 gigabytes free then
offer the "heavy" nothing left out one button option
(more complete than complete!). It adds certainty and
removes the fear that once you start using your system
and putting valuable data on it  - that surprise :(
you have to transfer your data out, start installing
again, retest the stability of the machine in order to
get your job done. Time is more expensive than the
hard drive and the frustration is aimed at the
Mandrake distribution that is "user friendly".

Thank you.