As I usually do with betas, I'v now installed, and
re-installed beta3 several times.
The installer finds my NIC, and detects as being on a LAN (I'm connectec
via cable modem
to my ISP). Thus, I can choose either cable *or* LAN connection.
However, which should
I choose? (or which would be the preferable selection? It would be
helpful to the newbie
if some explanatory text were added / associated with the selection
window.

        I'm sure that I'm not the only newbie who might choose "expert
install" over
recommended. The two main attractions of linux: open source, and freedom
of choice.
Mandrake, AFAIK, uses KDE as the default desktop whereas Red Hat
defaults to
Gnome.

        Under Wolverine (RH 7.1 beta) I had no connection problems with
either KDE or
Gnome. However, with Mandrake's beta 3, I have a problem under Nautlius.
with
dynamic addresses, which I cannot seem to resolve satisfactorily.
Wether I select
DHCP. DHCP-client, LAN, cable connection, the probelm still persists
with Nautilus.

    ... any workaround or fix for this?

            Elton Woo

--
         Have you been counted? See http://counter.li.org
[EMAIL PROTECTED] - ICQ#9984432 - Montreal, Quebec, CANADA.

S/MIME Cryptographic Signature