You would think I was running W98 or something...
I am using a Sony Spressa USB CD-RW. The first few
burns I had no problem, then one time it completely
locked up my system to the point where I had to
completely shut it off. No mouse or keyboard response
(including our favorite ctrl + alt + backspace). Now
it locks it up every time I try a burn, including
dummy burns. It always locks up somewhere in the burn
cycle (where we get to watch the percentage of burn
left to go). I created 3 coasters trying to see if it
was a setting issue, then went to dummy burn but still
it would lock up. So I have 2 frustrations here... the
first is that I seem to not be able to burn any cd's
anymore, the 2nd is that I have a complete lockup of
my linux box.

One more thing.... I have had some random complete
lockups (2 I believe). The last one happened while
running konqueror in Gnome. I tried to go to the
Redhat site and it completely locked up. The CD-RW
issue is consistant though.

I did take the CDRW off of supermount since it was
creating some other craziness. I still have regular cd
and floppy on supermount though for testing. I did get
a complete burn of disk 1 of Redhat 7.1, disk 2
however started the wave of lockups and I even tried
disk 1 in dummy mode to see if it just didn't like the
file of disk 2... but still got lockup.

This is pretty major...

=====
SI Reasoning