If in current cooker (and 8.0 betas) I choose Hungarian language at
installation, menus handled by the menu system are still in english.
Newly installed applications will not be added to the menu.
If I try to run update-menus -v, the command will hang at:

Reading translate info in /etc/menu-methods/translate-menus

and I have to kill it.

Also Midnight Commander fails to browse RPM files (shows garbage on the
screen) and gives an error message when I try to edit something by pressing
F4 (something like: error in row 84 of file /root/.cedit/Syntax).

There is a workaround to change LC_COLLATE from "hu" to "en"
/etc/sysconfig/i18n (it is not necessary to replace "hu" with "en" for LANG,
LANGUAGE, and the other LC_* variables) in and running ldconfig.
This way update-menus will not hang (and menus are translated), mc can browse
RPM files end mcedit also works well.

I followed cooker for a while and I remember that this problem showed up
together with glicbc-2.2.2 (glibc-2.2.1 was fine and before dicovering the
workaround with LC_COLLATE I could only solve the problem by downgrading
glibc).

Is this a glibc or a locales-hu bug?

I have the following versions:

glibc-2.2.2-4mdk
locales-2.3.1-7mdk
locales-en-2.3.1-7mdk
locales-hu-2.3.1-7mdk

There is a small typo in the hungarian translation of "Country and Language"
(should be "Ország és nyelv" not "Osrzág és nyelv") in menu
"Configuration/KDE/Personalization/Country and Language"
(last line of file /usr/share/locale/hu/LC_MESSAGES/menu-messages.mo belongig
to package menu).

Is it possible to correct this before releasing Mandrake 8.0?