This is the very first day 8.0 Final is available.  Of course they are going
to be slow, everyone and their dog is downloading today.  Not to mention
Redhat just released 7.1 the other day, and a lot of the mirrors host both
distros, so they are already overwhelmed with Redhatters.

And what do you mean by a "distro site"?  You mean like a base FTP site?
Mandrake does.  It's, um, dunno, someone help me out here, Norway maybe?
But who cares?  It's overwhelmed today too, just like ftp.redhat.com has
been overwhelmed since they release 7.1.  Having a home site doesn't save
you from being /.'d.

Give it a few days, it will clear up, and you'll get good speed then.
Patience, grasshopper.  ;-)

Eaon