Looking at the Display sentings and it is showing only
1280x1024,1024x800,800x600, ....  which is interesting since I'm running
1600x1200.  Why wouldn't this be correct?  Video card type is a GeForce2
MX.

The default monitor selection has the correct settings but I wanted to
choose my monitor, correct name.  Selected the monitor and tried to test
it.  Well the resolution was wrong so I choose NO.  From there I got a
blank screen and could not do anything.  Not switch to a console
window.

However, was able to log in from another machine using ssh.  Xserver was
using up everything.  So I killed xserver and then could switch to a
console.  Which after I killed the xserver showed the system doing a
reboot.

The install was from the 8.0 CDs

Greg