michael wrote:

> Has anyone gotten an Epson Stylus Color printer that can use the above
> Windows driver to work with cups?
> --
> pax
> -m-

    I, too, have the original (no number) Epson Stylus Color  ESC/P2
printer.
Use the Epson Stylus Series CUPS or Foomatic drivers. I would prefer the
CUPS +GIMP drivers, but the test sheet only prints at 180 or 360 DPI.
whereas
the other drivers (CUPS, Foomatic) do it at 720, so I can't make a fair
comparison.
The CUPS driver does give me quality that is on par with the Windows
output.

 ... now to install Mandrake 8.0 and / or Red Hat 7.1...

            Elton ;-)

--
         Have you been counted? See http://counter.li.org
[EMAIL PROTECTED] - ICQ#9984432 - Montreal, Quebec, CANADA.

S/MIME Cryptographic Signature