On Sunday 22 April 2001 15:57, Chmouel Boudjnah wrote:
> Claudio <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > Scanner     NOT working             Working
> > DVD         NOT working             Working
> > SCSI sys    NOT working             Working
>
> What do you mean by Working and Not working, how does it work on Red
> Hat ? out of the box ?

I mean that now I'm using that horrible Redhat (I HATE IT! IT'S NOT FRIENDLY,
IT POOR, IT'S..... NOT MANDRAKE!). I running rh at home for now I can compile
xine+css and it works, sane works, scsi subsystem works.
I saw that many people where crying here (I was the first yesterday!) for we
have to subsystitute aic7xxx with aic7xxx_old module, anyway

1. How can it be done during installation?
2. Hundred people download the ISOs that need 4 days for the installation
with devices on aic7xxx. And now?
3. If someone is so patient to wait these 4 days, have to manually change
/etc/modules.conf, rebuild initrd-img and modify lilo... Beginner users can
do that?

I'm not able compiling XINE on my 8.0, for ./configure report that "imlib" is
not well configured. Yeah, it's installed, all imlib/libimlib from cd1/2 are
installed. Moreover, I could compile xine on beta3!!! Anyway, the xine+css
compiled with beta3 was horrible: many dvd-frames where lost, program crashed
every 10 seconds, image was build with big squares. I did exactly the same
procedure with RedHat: same compiler (2.96), same xine.tar.gz, same XFree
(4.0.3), same machine, same dvd but now WORKS! Why?!? I just thought it's a
NVidia problem because I read the thread about these fu%&$£ driver. I
downloaded everything from crazy-horse (btw, thanks Con!) recompiled .src for
smp machine and drivers installed OK after XFreeConfig-4, but now I cannot
compile xine... Oh my God, did I made something bad against you?!?
Anyway, it is **NOT** a nice procedure for newbye I believe...

        Claudio
--
Linux System on Dual Pentium III 800 MHz
Kernel 2.4.x  - 256 MB