Same results here. I tried some more filetypes:
- Text, gif, dvi and directory listings work ok
- ps and pdf are empty (but also in kghostview)
- mpeg crashes noatun

The worst thing you can do is open a local html
file, it fails with 'There is an error loading
the module KHTML' and then opens another
konqueror, that gives you the same error. That
goes on until you xkill it.

No change by deleting ~/.kde/

Arnd <><