On Thu, 26 Apr 2001, [iso-8859-1] Frédéric Bothamy wrote:

> Alan Olsen a écrit :
> >
> > On Wed, 25 Apr 2001, Rich Thompson wrote:
> >
> > > Can someone post a pointer for the Nvidia RPMs for 8.0?
> >
> > Go to http://www.nvidia.com/. Follow the links to the drivers section. At
> > the top will be a link to the Linux drivers.
> >
> > I just installed the drivers on my new GForce2 card. It took about 5
> > minutes total to install them.  (There are two RPMs and a small hack to
> > the /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 file. You replace the driver "nv" with "nvidia"
> > and comment out two lines.)  The instructions are all there and it is
> > pretty damn easy.  (Much better than trying to get the Voodoo Banshee
> > drivers working or my Matrox G400 Max with two monitors.)
>
> Don't forget to add the 'Load "glx"' line to the Module section if you
> want to have OpenGL acceleration.

it was already in the default file I was using, but good advice anyways.
(BTW, Descent 3 rocks with the new Nvidia driver!)

[EMAIL PROTECTED] | Note to AOL users: for a quick shortcut to reply
Alan Olsen            | to my mail, just hit the ctrl, alt and del keys.
    "In the future, everything will have its 15 minutes of blame."