Back in the old days working with lpd and /etc/printcap we installed filters
to handle postscript vs ascii text and such.

Is it still possible with cups to make postscript filters?

I am working in a company that would like to exit banners according to what
classification each document has.

Ex. a document with classification "restricted" would need a appropriate
banner or even better will be forwarded to a restricted printer.

I could imagine doing some checks on the postscript file send out to cups and
then parsing a known part of the document will give the classification number
or string.

Have anyone seen this or done this already? (probably not)

Have anyone any idea if this is possible with cups?

Regards,

Mads Rasmussen