Hello,
        I have included some more details, in case this might help this problem be
solved for me and anyone else having the same trouble.

On Saturday 28 April 2001 14:07, you wrote:
> Charles
> Perhaps your tv-cards hadn't been well detected. Try this as root:
> a) lsmod
> ¿Are i2c-algo-bit, i2c-core, tuner and bttv loaded as modules?

tuner                   4432    1  (autoclean)
tvaudio                 8256    0  (autoclean) (unused)
bttv                    56080   0
videodev                4800    2  [bttv]
i2c-algo-bit            7104    1  [bttv]
i2c-core                12880   0  [tuner tvaudio bttv i2c-algo-bit]

> b) Also tell me what are your tv-card type.

My card is a Hauppauge WinTV-GO model 190

I have tried using both my ATI Radeon and ATI RAGE IIc PRO vga cards.  Both
produce the black screen with audio.

> Perhaps with those data I could help you.
> See you soon

Thanks!

~Charles