> > [...]
> >
> > > - No flash plugin (and kdebase-nsplugins) installed by default on a
> > > distro targetting newbies and the desktop.. is it that difficult to
> > > understand that this package is a must for LM?
> >
> > i don't like proprietary stuff ;p
>
> me neither, but I must admit to getting fed up with hitting cancel as I
> surf lol

Perhaps during the installation we should explain up-front that
Linux-Mandrake wishes to only provide free software for reasons of (insert
FSF advocacy here).  Then, to be helpful, we could suggest links to sites
that contain various popular non-free packages (nvidia rpms anyone?).

If the advocacy bit was done right, it could explain to users early on
about the beneifts and importance of free software, and tell them why
exactly that program foo is missing from a default install.

Jason