I had this (the logout problem that you experienced w/ RH 7.1) problem w/ my
system  (Dell PIII866+Radeon+Intel 820) with Mandrakebeta3.  After I upgraded
to the full 8.0,  the problem went away.  However, I also stopped taking
chances and booted into run level 3 rather than run level  5.  I believe that
would help...  Which configuration of X gave you problems w/ MDK-8?  Was it
the configuration  during install?  Screw it.  Try to run good ol' drakX and
see what happens.  At Mon, 30 Apr 2001 16:58:55 +0300, you wrote >Hi > >I
would like to know if someone has these 3 components : >Athlon [500 MHZ] >K7M
motherboard >Ati Radeon > >I cannot make my X works with the Radeon...With
Mandrake 8.0 . >During the  configuration test i got blank screen [sleep mode]
and the pc  >crashed > >I tried RedHat 7.1, it worked during the X
configuration, i logged in once as  >root, and then when i logged out, blank
screen [sleep mode] and  >the pc crashed... > > >Help please!! > >Thanx Serge

begin 644

`
end