--- Chmouel Boudjnah <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Eugenio Diaz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > Can anyone point me on how to do this? I have been unable to find good
> > documentation on how to setup alsa. I have read about an utility called
> > alsaconf that do it for you, but don't know where to find it.
>
> alsaconf is a litle buggy for me, the best way is to do by yourself :
>
> alias snd-card-0 alsa-module
> above alsa-module snd-pcm-oss

So far I could only make it activate the card (you hear a loud pop), but then
when I play any sound, all I get is a series of periodic pops. Here is what I
have so far in my modules.conf:

#
# Audio
#

# Free
#alias sound-slot-0 ad1848
#options sound dmabuf=1
#alias midi mpu401
#options mpu401 io=0x330 irq=9
#options ad1848 io=0x530 irq=5 dma=1 dma2=0

# OSS
alias char-major-14 soundcore
alias sound off

# ALSA - ALSA portion
#alias char-major-116 snd
#options snd snd_major=116 snd_cards_limit=1
#alias snd-card-0 snd-card-ad1848
#options snd-card-ad1848 snd_port=0x534 snd_irq=5 snd_dma1=0
#
# ALSA - OSS/Free portion
#alias char-major-14 soundcore
#alias sound-slot-0 snd-card-0
#alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
#alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss
#alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm-oss
#alias sound-service-0-12 snd-pcm-oss

They are commented out since I am now using the commercial OSS driver. The
funny thing is that the kernel drivers detect the card at 0x530 but ALSA
doesn't detect it unless I put 0x534.

Any ideas?

=====