So sprach Vox am Tue, May 01, 2001 at 05:07:05PM -0500:
> >  > Because GnuPG does not use use any patented algorithm it cannot be
> >  > compatible with PGP2 versions.  PGP 2.x uses only IDEA (which is
> >  > patented worldwide) and RSA (which is patented in the United States
> >  > until Sep 20, 2000).
> >
> >  What about updating this?
> >
> >  "...and RSA (which was patented in the United States until 2000-09-20)"
> >  Alexander Skwar
>
>       Doesn't gpg now include RSA since it's no longer patented? I seem to
> remember it does

Yes, I think so too - but read the original sentence again: "PGP 2.x uses
only IDEA and RSA".  It's talking about PGP 2.x, not GnuPG

Alexander Skwar
--
How to quote:   http://learn.to/quote (german) http://quote.6x.to (english)
Homepage:       http://www.digitalprojects.com   |   http://www.iso-top.de