On Fri, 4 May 2001, Jason Straight wrote:

> Oddly enough the books I have on "The standard C Library" and doing
> "man sin" say the the sin function should be in <math.h>,

They are in <math.h> or in any file it includes.

FYI, depending on whether you choose to use inline implementations, some
math functions are declared in <bits/mathcalls.h> or defined in
<bits/mathinline.h>. Of course, those files are not intended to be
explicitely included by the programmer since they are not part of the
standard and are {platform,compiler}-dependent.

> however I am finding it in tgmath.h.

<tgmath.h> provides type-generic macros for math functions. If you include
that file, in your example, sin(X) where X is of type float/double/long
double/_Complex, the actual function will be called. i.e. sin[fl]/csin[fl]

> Seems the standard changed or something, however I've found that I
> have problems compiling some things recently written by others because
> of this also.

Please be more specific.

Bye,
Gwenole.