dam's wrote:

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Mattias Dahlberg) writes:

> > > what's wrong with draknet ? qt binding ?
> >
> > Ok, I probably didn't make myself clear (Saturday evening, you know).
> >
> > DrakX collects a lot of information during the installation of Linux-Mandrake.
> > For example about the user's network setup. This is information that the user
> > will have to enter again in some places, logged in as root, like in the Network
> > module in KControl. You would help the user (more than other distros) by taking
> > the info you collect in DrakX and putting it in the relevant KDE places.
> >
> > Similar to what you do today with the PPP setup in DrakX, which goes into KPPP.
> > But even more advanced.
> >
> > Just a thought I got when I tried to click on 'Network' in Konqueror's SideBar.
>
> ok. added in our TODO.

Unless I misunderstood, shouldn't this be fixed in the targets rather than
creating more places with the same data...?  I certainly would HATE to have to
fix more than one place containing my host's IP address for example.

Pierre

--
Support Linux development:  http://www.linux-mandrake.com/donations/
Last reboot reason:  01/03/27: winter storm 6hr power outage